As a member of the Etsy affiliate program and an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What. the.Bark. Is it Tuesday? Like for realz? Um…wow…I kind of lost track of time this weekend. I could have sworn that tomorrow was only Monday. The calendar must be wrong. Let’s see:
Friday was the day Kol went AWOL. Saturday I worked on last minute K9 Kamp prep.
Sunday, I saw the SuperDogs and started a life-long love affair with the pure ecstasy that is a funnel cake. (How have I made it to this age without trying one?! I’m obsessed, y’all. I’m going to be wandering around, stalking the local amusement parks and street fairs hunting for funnel cake vendors. This is a legit addiction. I need a funnel cake intervention. But I digress.) Monday I cleaned our carpets. Like all day.
A few weeks ago, I got a few quotes on dog-friendly, green carpet cleaning services. Despite my willingness to blog about the companies and my insistence that I was, in fact, a really big deal (on my blog), they declined to even consider it. Oh well, I knew THAT was a long shot, so I started looking at the quotes. Chaaaaaaaaa….you know what? uh-uh. I don’t think so. We here at Casa de Kolchak will clean our own Dog Forsaken carpets, thankyouverymuch.
Carpet Cleaning Quote: $299.99 + tax
Carpet Steam Cleaner Rental: $27.00
Natural Carpet Cleaner: $12.00
Hidden Costs of Home Carpet Cleaning: My Sanity.
Who on Earth decided that black dogs and cream carpet was a good idea. Why is there so much darn carpet in this house? How is it even possible that Mr. “I’m Terrified of the Vacuum” has absolutely NO PROBLEM laying directly in the path of the carpet cleaner and going to sleep???
Carpet cleaning was a fiasco. It took way longer than I thought and while the carpets are cleaner I get the distinct feeling that if I gave it more time and more of that dreaded elbow grease, they’d be cleaner. Forget it. I already worked on it way too long. That is eight hours, I will never get back.
Exhausted from my carpets beating me, I just wanted to sink into bed and I realized. OMD! Today is Monday.
That means tomorrow is Tuesday. Tasty Tuesday.
(insert that sad mwah-mwah sound from the I Love Lucy reruns here.)
You forgot what day of the week it was? *Nice*My Mama, ladies & gentleman, FTW.
Ok, do not panic. You must have something in the house you can review/recommend/pass off as a Tasty Tuesday post, right? *sigh*. Nope. I went all nutso the other day and turned into the “Treat Police” trashing a whole bunch of stuff I deemed unworthy of puggle lips.
Ok, Plan B. Panic.
Actually, this is a great opportunity. One of the things I hear from people all the time is that they would love to make treats for their dogs, but that they don’t have time or they aren’t great in the kitchen. Just like me tonight. Good thing these treats are SO SIMPLE. Anyone can do make them, even if they are practically a zombie from a full day of carpet cleaning mayhem.
Koly’s Chicken Chips
4 Chicken Breast (still frozen, because, well, I FORGOT OK?!)
Sprinkle garlic powder (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 400F.
Take ridiculously and infuriatingly frozen chicken breasts and run them under luke-warm water. Once water has loosened their icy grip on one another, pull them apart. The water should have defrosted the chicken breasts just enough that you can break it into chunks, mine turned out about 1″ x 1″wide, but don’t be fussy about it. Just break ’em up.Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil (because let’s face it, if I am tired now, I am going to be WAY too lazy to do dishes later.) Place chicken chunks on the sheet and place in oven. Let pieces back for 20 – 30 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute or two, until you can touch them. (Don’t turn the oven off! You’ll need it.) Slice the chunks into thin pieces, so you have a bunch of very thin squares. Lay out these thin pieces on the cookie sheet and return to oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip pieces. (Or if you are me, loosen the pieces with a spatula and kind of shake the pan a bit. Most of them flipped, I’m sure.) Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until chicken is crispy & crunchy.Ta Da! You just made Chicken Chips. Wasn’t that easy?Kolchak, testing the limits of what OFF means.“Technically, if I only lick the side of the bowl,I am still OFF the treats, right?”Make sure you save a handful of these! You’ll need them to make next week’s treat!This post is a part of our Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop hosted by Kol’s Notes and Sugar the Golden Retriever!Every week, we invite you to link up your Tastiest Post and Hop On to some other blogs to discover all sorts of new treats and snacks. We encourage you to link up to your:
- Original Dog Treat Recipes (if posting someone else’s recipe, you should always get permission first. Otherwise, that’s theft brotha.)
- Human Treat Recipes (Please specify in the link name and the post that they are HUMAN treats!)
- Dog Treat Reviews
- Dog Treat Giveaways
- Pictures of you enjoying your favourite treat
And all things snack and treat related! To take part:
- Follow your hosts, Kol’s Notes & Sugar the Golden Retriever
- Grab the badge above for your post
- Add your link to this week’s inLinkz tool
- and Hop On!
What is YOUR tastiest treat?
- It’s time for Koly & Kelly’s K9 Kamp! Are YOU ready to get fit and have fun with Fido? We hope you’ll join us over the next few weeks as we join forces with Peggy Frezon, author of Dieting With My Dog to share our diet and exercise tips and trick to help keep you and your dog in shape. We have 10 awesome blogs kamping along with us and over $1000 in prizes to give away from some awesome sponsors, so we hope you’ll join us on Thursday to check out the first challenge!
- Only a few days left to enter the Social Picnic Giveaway Are you following our blog via GFC, Facebook or Twitter? Check out the Social Picnic for your chance to win $500 from PayPal and a Next6 Tablet! These Paws got a Cause! Next Sunday, the Mama, Felix and I, along with our buddies Shiloh and Auntie Kate will be walking 5k to raise awareness and funds for the BCSPCA! All donors that contribute to my Paws for a Cause campaign or Shiloh’s Paws for a Cause campaign will be entered to win.
All posts are the property of Kolchak’s Kitchen and Kolchak Puggle/Jodi Chick. Please ask before reposting content. All reposts must link back to our site. Thank you!