As a member of the Etsy affiliate program and an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This weekend we were kickin’ it at the Starbucks and I instagrammed this pic:
Excuse me? This appears to be a water. I requested a beef frappe.
Kol was not amused. Just the week before, they got a Puppuccino (read: a cup of whipped cream off the Starbucks Secret Menu). When presented with this week’s $3 bottle of water, he just stared at me, dumbfounded. Apparently, somedoggy feels like he needs a fancy frozen drink. I can’t say I blame him. I was dying for that S’Mores frappe. Koly doesn’t care much for Chocolate though. He’s really more of a beef man. Too bad “beef frappuccino” isn’t a thing. There are tons of places that offer a dog-friendly treat though! Actually, more than I ever imagined. If you’re looking for a pet friendly stop this weekend, check out this list of pet-centric secret menus from the BarkPost. (I had no idea about the DQ PupCups! *squeee*) Still, as sweet as it is to grab a special treat, Koly is wishing that there were just a few Koly-style additions.
5 Treats your dog wishes were on the secret menu.
1. Beef Frappuccino, Chicken Cremes and Liver Lattes We go to the Starbucks every week and Koly says it’s only fair that he get a drink too. Water isn’t cutting it. That’s why he’s so excited about out new Beef Frappuccino recipe. It’s a real thing folks and we’re sharing the recipe next week. Koly is wild over them and wants them added to the menu at Sbux. He’s also requesting chicken cremes and liver lattes for the winter months.
2. McPoochPies I haven’t had McDonalds in years, but I have fond memories of the hot apple pies. Koly loves a nice pie, but instead of sweet, sugary apple, he prefers his McPoochPies to be of the meaty variety. Kind of like a bite sized pot pie.
3. DQ Dog Blizzards Imagine it folks, a Blizzard, only instead of chocolate bar and oreo pieces, it’s chunks of liver treats and pieces of pumpkin dog treats.
4. Yo Quiero Taco Dog Dog tacos, y’all. Ground beef and cheese, maybe a little cilantro. Kol is in. (Wait. WAIT. Do you think dog Taco Bell would make Koly as gassy as humans who eat Taco Bell?! This one might not be a great idea!)
5. Wendy’s Liver Frosty When I was a kid, Frosty’s came in one flavour! (And you had to walk uphill both ways to get one.) Then they introduced vanilla Frosty’s. Kol is convinced that next, they’ll announce a liver Frosty…and it’s going to be huge.
So, um…who do we speak to to make all this happen? You never know unless you ask…right?? OK, so we’re probably not getting these added to the menu at a restaurant any time soon, but I can make them at home. This summer, Koly and I will try them all and we promise to post all the recipes here.
What treat does your dog wish was on the “secret menu”?
Every week, we invite you to link up your Tastiest Post and Hop On to discover all sorts of new treats recipes, great giveaways and more.To take part, follow your hosts, Kol’s Notes & Sugar the Golden Retriever, grab the badge, get the code for your post, and add your link to this week’s hop! What are you waiting for? HOP ON!